Thursday, February 28, 2008

Still chaos... but better.

Today is the last day that I will have internet here at home. Turns out that America on Line/Alice who are the providers of my internet, can't actually allow me to have it until the day I leave, because since my first day of my contract with them was the 29th, then my last day has to be the 29th... talk about not wanting to make some extra money, or not knowing how to charge per day. But like everything else here in Germany, it's just the way it is! I'm leaving on the 5th, but my phone will not be turned off until the 17th. And the Cable TV will still be available until the 31st of March. Customer service??? Fine thanks! The client is never right, and they are doing you a favor with their services, so they really don't care what you think.
This is something I will not miss!!!
I will miss the freedom and lack of censorship on TV! Here I've seen full frontal nudity so many times! Oh! and on those MTV shows where everybody is cursing all the time (Flavor of Love, I love New York...etc) well, there is no "beeps" so you can actually hear every single word they say. They don't dubb them, they put subtitles on them. That New York woman is pretty nasty with her language!
I will definitely miss biking around on lanes designed specially for bikes, the flatness of the city, the cafés and the shawarma. I'll miss these very rare sunny days when the city looks so nice. If it wasn't for the system and the weather, Berlin is the perfect city! It is small enough, hardly ever there is real traffic, is well maintained, the people are nice and friendly, there is a lot of culture going on, a lot of different places to go, and not really expensive to live here. Of course if you make your money in dollars, then it becomes impossible! Yesterday 1 Euro was 1.51 dollars....
My house is still in chaos, but I feel better... I'm still worried about my bed because I haven't found a buyer for it. But other things are getting on their way to be solved. Of course I hope that by tomorrow I'll have already pack my clothes and start cleaning up on the weekend. There are still boxes to fill up, things to throw and give away... I'm getting into all these, because is very hard to face my feelings. I know that it will not be easy to be without my girlfriend, the availability of seeing each other very often. I fear the long distance, but I guess I'll love the frequent flyer miles.

2 comments:

drowning pisces said...

Hugs!

It's All About Offers said...

Http://itsallaboutoffers.com

I just wanted to drop and say It's All About Offers has no minimum payout for paypal. I would love if you joined IAAO and seen what we have to offer. I love your blog and check it out all the time. I see it everywhere and think you are doing a great thing. Please, I would think it would be beneficial to both of us if you joined. I had many many members last month earn over $100 a piece. Plus not to mention the thousands they won in contest earnings. Please, you got to check www.itsallaboutoffers.com out! Email me if you can as I would like to speak with you.. itsallaboutoffers@gmail.com....My name is Mike.