Friday, June 22, 2007

Spain for few days...

One of those things that I planned in advance because is cheap! So, I am in Barcelona for few days, enjoying my time with two of the smartest people I know. One is five years old, the other one is seven! They are very much into dinosaurs, pirates, and japanese cartoons. They also show their love with hugs and kisses, and constantly ask what some word means. I´m crazy about them, they are crazy about me. Every time we get together is party time! They trust that I will protect them no matter what, and trust my better judgement for some situations. They are learning English, but they are also fluent in Catalonian and are Spanish speakers. Their eyes light up with every single little gift that I bring them, no matter how little or cheap or whatever. It matters that their favorite aunt brought it. They are the love of my life. Such intense feeling, so unconditional, so incredibly deep since the first moment I had them in my arms... I can only imagine what a mother feels!
I love being an aunt!

2 comments:

K. Darrell said...

Sounds like you and the kids had fun. I am a mother and the feelings you described are pretty close to those feelings of a mother.

Sally said...

I had a wonderful time with them, learning everyday new things and sharing amazing moments of love and fun and laughter... I am so in love with them!!! I have no idea what a mother feels, but they are really the light in my life!