Friday, June 22, 2007

Gay Pride

I´ve been gay for a long time, but only for the last 12 years or so I´ve been more open. Last weekend in Berlin, there was a Street Fair dedicated to Gays and Lesbians. It was pretty crowded like always, and I got the chance to meet people that basically I only see once a year! We got together with friends, and walked around a little. I took some pictures and I´ll post them later when I get back to Berlin. Today is practically impossible because I can´t dump them into this computer. So, I owe you those pictures!
This weekend is the "Christopher Street Day" in Berlin. There will be a parade to celebrate Gay Pride; people will fill up the streets. There will be the gay supporters, the closeted, the out and proud, and of course the curious passer by that can´t take their eyes of those beautiful men that are walking around with such tight and sexy outfits it makes it impossible not to look! The good thing about Berlin, is that being naked is allowed, and there will be also many people walking around completely naked. The bad thing, is that many of them don´t have such great bodies...
Unfortunately I will not be there this year to show you some pictures, but I´ll try to get some from my friends.
I´ve been to many parades! Loved the ones in New York City! Now I reached the point in my life that is not so important to go and march and be "out and proud". Being a lesbian on my everyday life, is perhaps the best I can do, even when I can´t be that out and proud!
Happy Gay Pride Month!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Well, thank you for learning that we are part of the society! And we are not going anywhere! Little by little there will be a time when being gay or lesbian or transexual or transvestite will not be anything strange!