Sunday, July 1, 2007

"Hospital food sucks!"

I'm back in Berlin after 11 days sharing with my nephews in Spain. It was a great visit. Being with them is always fun, entertaining and I come back exhausted! I was looking forward to come back so I could visit my girlfriend in the hospital. She went through a very serious operation, but she is doing great! I went to visit her today, and we were talking about many things. I brought her some Manchego Cheese from Spain, and Gummy Bears. But I should have brought something else! She told me plain and simple that "Hospital food sucks!" It made me laugh! We recently saw "Rain Man", and we laughed at Dustin Hoffman's character saying "K-Mart sucks!"
That's when I thought... how many things I take for granted every day? From my health to those little details, like food that is apetizing, like a nice sunny day to celebrate a summer festivity, like a breeze of fresh air in a room that is probably too hot and uncomfortable? Millions of things that I have and that I take for granted!
Life is too short, and I want to enjoy every minute of it. I want to be able to see everyday for what it is: a new unwrapped gift waiting for me to open it. filled with surprises, with new adventures, with new knowledge. I know is easier to concentrate in the simple things, in the smaller things, and that way the bigger things will be a lot easier to take.
With an "L" that is backwards made of staples, she is getting better every day, and it made me happy to hear her say that hospital food sucks! Tomorrow, what about Sushi?

4 comments:

Sony E said...

"I want to be able to see everyday for what it is: a new unwrapped gift waiting for me to open it."
You are sooo right!!
And you know what, you are going to be able to do it, because you want it to, and that's the most important thing.
Ok, take care! Ciao

Sally said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Sony e! I am trying my best to take every day as a new oportunity to live life to the fullest!

Ishmael Fischer Ahab said...

Everyday is a beautiful day. All beautiful things are already in place, all we have to do is to stop for a while and appreciate the beauty.

Ishmael Fischer Ahab said...

This comment has been removed by the author.