Friday, July 6, 2007

Rooting for the "underdog"... Paul Potts.

I am not one of those who watch TV shows where people go for competition to become singers or dancers. Show's like America's Idol, in any version (I've seen the one in Spain and here in Germany) are really not my favorite. I feel disappointed when people go there and they are really bad. It makes me feel uncomfortable. But there are exceptions, and I know I missed most of them.
I just watched one of those stories that moved me and almost made me cry. Perhaps I'm too sensitive today, but I think it is really a great story. Paul Potts is this guy that few weeks ago was a simple unknown cell phone salesman, and got his chance of showing that he got talent in "Britain's got talent". His audition was something amazing, and that's why I wanted to share it.


The best thing is that even Simon Cowell was amazed!
This underdog story of success, makes me think that there is always an oportunity for a new begining, no matter what one has been through!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for leaving this anonymously, no google account... but the audition brought tears to my eyes too! Amazing.

Sally said...

Even if it is anonymously, thank you so much for your comment. I wished you would have leave a name, without an account! Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

oh my GOD that made me CRY!!!
i don't mean i "got teary eyed", i don't mean "i got choked up", i mean i CRIED. out loud! real tears! that was the most moving thing i've seen in a long while... perhaps i'm overly emotional today, too. maybe it's a chick thing :)

this sweet pear-shaped guy with his british teeth, standing there looking sort of hapless with, of all people, SIMON COWELL staring him in the face, daring him to screw up...

that first time he hit a big swell and the audience began cheering, that's when the waterworks started. that really tugs at the heart, that clip. thanks for sharing that with the world - don't be surprised if it ends up on my blog as well. i'll happily say where i found it :)

Sally said...

Melissa, if I had been on "those days of the month" I am sure I would've cried a lot too, but I just felt like crying. I love a good underdog story! And This is a really good one! He ended up winning the competition and got a recording contract.
Thank you so much for your visit! And please come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Either it's my computer or it is YouTube, but the video ain't working for me. I searched for other videos related to him, but none seemed to work. I'll check it out later again

Sally said...

Hi Chantal!
Sorry you couldn't see it... but on my computer is working fine, and I asked a couple of people and they said it was fine. Perhaps is your browser? I noticed FireFox (at least with Mac) doesn't read any video from YouTube.

Anonymous said...

well normally I do not have problems with Firefox (on Windows) and I think it was just a glitch at that moment because it is working fine now hahah