Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Gays are here to stay!!

Today I'm in a good mood! The sun was shining, the warm weather is back in Berlin, the strawberry ice cream was delicious, and I decided to do a little collage with the few pictures I took when Berlin celebrated the Street Fair for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transsexuals. How do you like it?
I noticed that I didn't have any picture of lesbians! Shame on me!!! But we got there late, it was raining earlier, and we got together with other friends... so, I basically forgot that I was with the camera and should have taken pictures. Maybe next time.
The only sad thing I have to report, is that I had to give away the only plant that has been in my house since I moved here to Berlin. The reason is because I'll be going away for almost a month, and also the fact that the poor plant was approaching a certain death under my care!
I've never been good with plants. I don't have a green thumb (or any finger for that matter) I think they don't like me! I was doing exactly what everybody else does, but this plant was looking at me so sad! So, I gave it to my neighbors. They'll take care of her.
With kids and animals I am much better! They usually like me and we have a great time! My nephews and the kids of my friends can testify for that. And with animals, I'm also pretty good, even when I had to improvise a short funeral for a gold fish with my nephews. They were convinced that "Hansom Face" had a happy life before flushing him down the toilette.
On other news, some of the candidates for the Democrat's nomination will be participating in a forum on gay issues. That will be interesting to watch. I have my doubts that they'll be that open and will say the things we are waiting for them to say, like their position on same sex marriage... we'll see.

My girlfriend is getting better every day, and that alone is the best news for me!
I was listening to Barbra Streisand, hence the title of this post. Later !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! No Lesbian Pictures? What's up with you? *wink*

Heh I don't have any plants either.. I'd forget to water them anyway.

Sally said...

Chantal:
Honestly, I was too busy with my girlfriend and the rest of the group! Next time!

Good thing I'm not the only one that is bad with the plants. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Well, the girlfriend is a good thing to keep busy with *wink*

Oh yes, so bad with plants and flowers for that matter, but plants do seem to survive longer then flowers hahaha

Sally said...

Chantal:
I'm happy to report that my neighbor told me my former plant is still alive and is doing great under his care!
LOL!!