Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas time


Today I finally went around with the bike to take pictures of some Christmas lights. But before I went to the Kudam, I stopped by the store to buy something to dye my hair. So, since Christmas is so close and all, I decided to dye my hair red, yes, flaming red! The kind of red that Santa Claus wears! Crazy? maybe! but it is not the first time or the worst thing I've done, so I'm OK with that. (I wanted to dye my hair green, but my GF gave me a really negative answer to that, threatening with not seeing me while green head! ) So, red it is!
The first step is to bleach my hair which is naturally dark brown, and the red can actually be more bright. I just finished bleaching, and since it is the first time I've done it in a very long time, now my hair is the color of straw... that yellowish/white with some orange kind of straw. Tomorrow I'll go to get a haircut and there I'll dye my hair red.
Funny thing, is that when the color wears out, then my hair becomes rather pink.

And here are some pictures from the Christmas decorations around Kudam, which is a very popular shopping area for visitors and locals alike. Not exactly a cheap area to go shopping. It would be more or less like Fifth Ave. in New York City. They have this little Christmas market that I plan to visit in the following days. Then I'll post more pictures.





2 comments:

Forever In Blue Jeans said...

YAY!!! It's finally snowing here today. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to start looking like X-mas! Thanks for sharing your photos!!!

Cailean said...

Hi,

while for Berlin this may be nice. I'd suggest that you visit other towns too for example Werningerode in the Harz mountains which is a town that still has most of its medieval buildings http://www.wernigerode.de/NR/rdonlyres/2F532281-940F-453D-A6E7-B209FFE60F63/0/RathausDD.jpg or Dresden with it's famous Striezelmarkt held since 1434 http://www.dresden.de/media/bilder/wirtschaft_extern/228-WM-Striezelmarkt.jpg
or Celle in Lower Saxony also with an 'old' town center
http://www.region-celle.de/uploads/pics/Gro_erPlan_oben_ci.jpg I have been there and let me tell you it's wonderful at this time of the year. Could be a nice weekend trip if you go by car it is all just a few hours away. Even Potsdam is very nice during this time of the year (and much closer then the other towns) but then again Potsdam is very 'Berlin' in a way.