Thursday, May 15, 2008

The final "Friends"

Yes, I know the series ended few years ago. But I never got to actually see the last season of those fake New York apartments! I missed the whole development into Chandler and Monica's moving out of the city with twins, and the re-union of Ross and Rachel. I liked the empty apartment space, the colors of the walls looked a lot better with the furniture... I bet none of the bloggers that are moving soon in New York, have found an apartment like the one they featured on "Friends".
I remember that the first year I was in Germany, I missed watching TV. Then I got used to not watching too much. I actually discovered the German documentaries and I became an addict to "Wissen" and "Galileo". I learned everything about making sausages, building houses, and anything in between. Then I found some American series dubbed into German, and didn't like them at all. Well, at least I was improving my German skills with episodes that I've seen in English and remembered more or less what they were about, but still, there is so much missing in the translation!

Life in NY is getting better. I still don't have a job, but there are some posibilities to do something interesting.
Went to the city yesterday and met with a friend with some project. We'll see how it comes to reality. And by the way, the "Goodburger" on Broadway and 18th... really good hamburgers and actually pretty decent in price.
Still, I miss my girlfriend. I wish we could be closer.

2 comments:

germanlearner said...

I'm afraid you may find it necessary to get cable TV, though I'm sure that you pick up a lot of free stations in NYC. I usually fill in the blanks with youtube to see interviews, news stories, etc. Have been reading you blog for awhile and IF my google log in problems are solved you may get this comment..

Sony E said...

Hey, what's up woman!!! I know, I know It's been a while since my last comment, sorry! :$
But I'm back with you hehe

and it's nice to know that the things are getting better to you!

hugs and kisses!
Be strong woman!! :D