Monday, November 10, 2008

TWO YEARS

I decided that before I criticize any of his actions or his choices, I'll give him 2 years. In that time he'll be able to do some of the things he has promised. With his election, a new page in history has been written. Not only America is expecting the most of him, not only his supporters but his adversaries too. With the world crisis he is also being observed by many in the world. I found this caricature that explains a lot. Loosely translated: "Come on, Obama, You can, c'mon"



And thinking of Prop 8, I just hope somehow that people in California will understand that giving the same rights to ALL the citizens, doesn't mean that their own rights will be taken away.
I still can't understand how everybody gets to vote to cancel a small group's rights to just be happy.

1 comment:

Lola said...

I'm very optimistic about what President Elect Obama will be doing to help us gain equal rights. Being a resident of Illinois I have had the opportunity to email him a number of times when there was legislation coming up affecting gay rights.

Whenever HRC or any similar organization sent an email blast asking that people email their Senators and Congressman, I always took the time to do so.

As a Senator, President Elect Obama was definitely on our side, I hope he continues to be in his new job as President.

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/