Saturday, April 14, 2007

Berlin, Berlin... Berlin!


What a beautiful day we had today. I went out with the bike and met my girlfriend at Nollendorf Platz, which is one of my favorite places in Berlin. It is filled with people and cafes, and the atmosphere is relaxed in general.


There you can find people from all over, many gays since one street over is filled with gay bars, and is one of those places where you can sit at a cafe ans spend the afternoon just looking at people.

Today in particular, since the weather was so nice, there were a lot of people on bicycles, people sitting outside in cafes and eating ice cream.



We had delicious Korean food at a small but excellent little restaurant called "Rotari". If you are around, you got to go there.
Days like today, make me love this city, because even the colors look different!

Oh, and just to show you two typical things from Berlin: There are a lot of Bears like this one here, all over the city. There was one with the rainbow flag right in here, but they moved it and I don't know where it is. Also, in Berlin, most of the taxis, are Mercedes Benz...
Berlin is still to me a small town with a big city mentality. I enjoy being here, and its such a cool place! Of course when it is cloudy and rainy and the sun doesn't come out for a week, then I hate it!

4 comments:

MsCrazyLove said...

hey, i just ran across your blog and find myself loving it and what you have to say. I think i'm going to add you to my "blogs i read" section if you don't object!

Sally said...

crazylove:
Oh please, of course you can add m!. I am very happy people get to see it and are visiting. I am having fun writing it and showing pictures, so thank you! And please share the link with your friends!

mzsalty said...

Thank you for putting pics of Berlin in your blog... makes me miss my homeland more and more... Glad to hear you got out on the bike... I did a 10k yesterday and am paying for not training today... very sore muscles!!

Sally said...

mzsalty!
You should know better before doing 10k, you should get to that little by litte! LOL! Of course I am no expert on fitness whatsoever, but I know you have to get back into things with ease to avoid all those pains and aches!
Thanks for visiting!