Friday, April 20, 2007

Some times, it is just a haircut!

Have you ever had one of those day when you feel like life is too much? Nothing goes the way you want! You felt like cereal for breakfast, and the milk went bad. You wanted to take the day off, and you get sick with nausea and can't even move from the bed. You wanted to open a can of peanuts, and the ring breaks when you try to pull it. Or your cat vomits all over your CDs!
Well, when you thought nothing was going to get better, you might take action, searching for a solution. Of course, some solutions are not exactly the best... But then you realize that life can be so much better, and you know you'll just feel better if you had the perfect haircut!
I know, this sounds superficial, but it is true for most women, straight, gay, femmes or butches. A haircut can be THE defining act that will make you look at life under another perspective: the one from where YOU feel great!
Some times you think you know what can be best, but its not true. Britney's haircut, need I say more? Although I still think she doesn't look THAT bad! I don't think she is crazy because she shaved her head... I did it once too (and stayed in my house for 3 months until my hair grew!)

Think for example of Demi Moore on "G.I. Jane" She had the hair, she had the skills, she was the one to be a G.I, but until the haircut, she could not really accomplish her goals. I liked that movie, and strangely enough, I thought that scene when she shaves her hair was very sexy. Maybe I am alone with this but its Ok. I know I can be weird sometimes.

Then we have people like Shakira, for whom her hair is so much a part of her whole presence! If its' curly is great, if its straight is great. She looks great no matter what, even when her clothes are ripped, because she has a great body too. And by the way, have you seen the video of Shakira and Beyoncé, "Beautiful Liar"? They look so alike! I watched it few times and at points it is confusing! They look great together, almost like twins. Great directorial job! Sorry I digress.
Getting back to my original idea, a haircut can be what really changes everything! I bet you that millions of women in the 90's knew very well, that having THAT perfect look and hair, was the solution to their problems. Remember "the Rachel"? Maybe some of you are too young to remember,(in case you haven't seen it, just check out reruns of "Friends", or rent the DVDs) but I know many that tried to get it, got it and well, the result was not what they expected. But just the idea of looking that great, was enough to already change the mood and see life under a different perspective.
So, without further ado, I'm going to get a haircut today! Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Britney Spears looked all that bad either with her new haircut. It was kind of nice to see a celebrity exploring herself and her hairstyle and not worrying about having to live up to a certain image. Besides women can look just as sexy and attractive with all types of hair(head)styles- long, short and shaved. (as ur image of Demi Moore kind of showed.)
Anyways, danke for keeping you blog as interesting and awesome as always. It's always fun to visit.
Sasha

Sally said...

Thanks Sasha!
I thought Britney made an interesting choice, but I guess she really had to be bold to be bald!
But many people were discussing that she was mentally ill to have that haircut. To me it was a not so regular choice, but I never thought she had a mental problem.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should probably read the whole story. :) I don't think she had any mental problems either. Maybe she was stressed, or kind of sick of the media writing random stuff about her all the time and she wanted to do something totally outrageous. Who knows, but guess I'm glad we got to see a side of her that we don't usually see.

Sasha

Sally said...

Sasha, you're right, we got to see another side of her. Someone that I forgot to put in here, but I think looks great bald is Sinead O'Connor. I still remember her ripping the picture of the Pope. I thought that was funny, even though so many people hated her for that!