Monday, November 12, 2007

First Snow


I live on the top flor of the building. Not exactly the luxury Pent House that some people might think. Rather, the very small apartment in between two bigger units. Saturday afternoon, there we were in bed, watching a movie. The light from the sun was showing through the curtains, looked like a nice beautiful day. Then, when the movie was ending, all of a sudden I see that the sun disappeared. Perhaps 20 minutes later, we open the curtain and we see it is snowing!
I grew up in a place where snow was a thing of the very high mountains in The Andes. The rest of the country, pretty much 28 Celsius all year 'round. So, even though I've lived the last 18 years in places where winter is really a change in the weather, I still get all happy to see the first snow of the season. I enjoy to touch it, feel the cold and even open my mouth when the snow hits my face. Yes, I do feel like a kid when its snowing. I was hoping I could do some snowballs to throw, but unfortunately it was more ice than snow. It looked good though... But in matter of minutes it was all gone. Berlin has a thing with rain. The snow is something we don't see accumulating very often. The temperatures are not low enough most of the time, so me mostly get rain.
The most incredible thing was that, while it was still snowing on one side, the other side was showing a clear sky above the clouds... really a very nice view.

4 comments:

Chantal said...

omg! snow! yay for that! I love snow, we don't get enough of it unfortunately

Gielen said...

Snow..definately cool... We havent had any yet...the raining sounds similar to Manchester its very wet around here..when they did the opening of the latest commonwealth games the ceremony had artificial rain with people and their umbrellas...they thought it would be a real representation of the city! so thats how much it rains! :)

Gielen said...

very very nice view...by the way.. :)

mzsalty said...

Ohhh how wonderful it is to see the street of Berlin!! And the snow... beautiful! I really need to come and take a look at that myself!
HUGZZZ