Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Business

It was Halloween and I am amazed how much the kids in this building are into it! When I came to Berlin for the first time, Halloween was nowhere to be seen. Nobody really cared about it, and that was not even something to consider for a celebration... I think only one gay bar had a Halloween Party, and it was not about dressing up. But now, it has developed into a little party that is growing every year. They sell candy, but not the US Halloween candy... just regular Haribo candy. Kids are dressing up, and most annoying of all, ringing my bell because they think I have candy for them! I am an American but sorry, I don't have candy. And much less when the dollar is so low against the Euro!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

I wish they'd do Halloween here in the Netherlands. Then perhaps I have a reason to go out. I could hide behind my costume, teehee!

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Halloween here was nuts. Kids demanding candy...I was relieved when the candy was all gone and I could just turn off the porch light.