Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Life, only quieter

"Sometimes a good fantasy is better than a sad reality"
To escape into the world of fantasies, or daydreaming, has become one of my favorite activities lately. Life is good, but things have changed. Most of the friends I know here in Berlin don't live here anymore. So, they too like many others, have become long distance friends. Fortunately they are not distant.
And then, I see that for every Euro I have to pay 1.48 US dollars... that totally makes me sad! I have to get back to the States, because I can't afford living here at this rate.
The consequences are of course having a long distance relationship with my girlfriend, and it is something that I don't even want to think about! Now I am doing the research again, on where to go when I go back. So far and at the top of my list is Pittsburgh. Very affordable to live with roommates, fairly close to New York, and a lot of cultural activity, at least on paper.
Of course everything could be different! Something might happen that would change my destiny, that would avoid the move back, something that would open up a different window for me.
In the meantime I keep reading and sometimes writing.

5 comments:

Rita said...

Have you ever thought about Philadelphia? A bit closer to New York and I believe you can catch the train in either direction....towards NY, Boston or to Washington DC.

Bill Graber said...

You must have never been to Pittsburgh before huh?

It would not be my first choice, too much winter there.

Gielen said...

Sally..once again, i know that feeling!Ive been here for over 5 years now, people comes and goes and everyone one does i get upset,cant help it but feel unsettled. Why do you have to go though? Can you not stay in Europe?overthere or somewhere else!?

Gielen said...

I meant everytime someone goes.. lol..sorry thats the consequence of trying to do fast typing!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

And, I thought it was bad when it was 1.69DM to the dollar. Why couldn't I have lived there in the days of 4DM to the buck?

I'm with Rita on the Philly thing. Thought, I'd actually go West Coast. Ask Ask A Lesbian about Pittsburgh.