Saturday, May 5, 2007

50

I'm a sucker for everything related to "pop culture". I've seen too much TV and too many movies to not be influenced by it, to not enjoy it.
This weekend I saw the special CNN did on the 50 years of Larry King in broadcasting.

The man has been very close to so many legends! I got the chance to watch the film of the white limos when Elvis died. I was shocked by the clip of Heather Mills taking her leg off!
What would be like to have a job like his? He has talked to presidents, politicians, athletes, actors, legends, and regular people. He played himself in many movies, interviewing "fake" people as if they were real, also voiced the drag queen on "Shrek 2", not to mention he was kissed on the lips by Marlon Brando!
Honestly I was not much of a fan of Larry King. But since I moved to Berlin, his show is one of the few I watch frequently. It keeps me in touch with whatever is happening, whoever is becoming famous. Is like a concentrated portion of American pop culture that you can see almost from everywhere you go.
Maybe is something that comes with age, but I guess I would have never watch him when I was younger.

No comments: