Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Easy Dating for lesbians...?

I was just talking to a friend about dating. She insists that she rather spend her days off at home, instead of going out on a date with someone that she doesn't know, just so she can feel she is dating. That made me think of the time I was on the "dating scene".
My first girlfriend was a very dear friend. We were friends before, we are still best friends. It was nice because it was a discovery of how wonderful was to kiss a woman! But our love was a long distance thing. We only spent 6 weeks together on vacation, and that was ok.
Then, I realized that I might be a lesbian after all. So I started getting on the chat rooms in AOL, finding people to talk to. I met a woman in 2 different rooms and that's how we started to talk with each other. Yes, my first real lesbian relationship experience was with someone I met on the internet! We lived very far away, but we met, and then we did our best to meet at least once every 2 or 3 months. The phone bill was huge! But at least all those points went into my frequent flier program! We were together for 3 years. She moved in with me after a year and a half, and within 6 months, I knew we wouldn't last. So, we were over but still living together, when I met someone that became my obsession! I fell for that woman like for nobody before. It was too much! I was crazy about her! But she didn't care for me at all!
I was in such bad shape that I decided I had to take her out of my system, and then it was my time for dating!
As many of you know, dating for lesbians is not that easy. If you are not into the bar scene (like me), it is rather difficult to meet people. And if you meet someone who is part of a group, most likely everyone on that group has dated another group member at some point. That simply makes me uncomfortable. So, I did what technology has made easy: I got into the "lesbian personals" of a couple of websites and started meeting people.
At that moment, there were not available those questionnaires where you can choose options of who are you, and what you are looking for.
I wished I could've find ads with pictures like this, for example:

Hello! I'm just coming out of the closet, and even though I belong to a group of beautiful rich women, I would love to meet that someone special who can teach me the simple things in life. I love Tennis, I have a great cat who is practically my husband, and I have few friends that you might be interested in! Of course keep in mind that this would be only an imaginary relationship, because as you might figure out, I'm not a lesbian, but I play one on TV!


or maybe something like this:


I've been through so many relationships with my leading men, I know 'real love' has to be somewhere. I want someone real that can understand me and love me for who I am, and not for who I play. I've made many mistakes, from cutting my hair too short, to marrying a Lovit that only lasted a while. I was even dumped once. I see doubles in my future, but I would like to try something different for a chance! Are you the one that will help me find my true self?

I would have volunteered with either one of them! (come on, dreaming is free today!)
Back then, AOL had a section where women would place ads and other women would answer.
I discover I was actually "hitting" some special people with my writings. I had so many answers!! It was great.
I met people with whom I had an immediate connection, we had a great time. We wanted to see each other again, but not in a romantic way... I am fortunate enough that I'm still friends with some great women I met through that dating section.

I had some adventures, mostly one nighters. I had also some nightmares! It was interesting, but it got to a point where I decided that I couldn't do it anymore! I remember the last date I went on that time. The woman was great looking, but after 20 minutes of conversation, I was there thinking I could've stayed home and clean my closets! It was too much for me to go into a "blind date" with someone that made me feel I wasted my time. I stopped dating all together and just went out with friends. My friends tried to set me up a couple of times, but nothing really happened.
Dating was not easy. It was fun sometimes, but not everytime. It was only when I wasn't looking that I found the "almost perfect"!

2 comments:

Manas adsense to earn high said...

man I have just look on ur blog.Its very good.

G said...

LOL.. An add from Dana! that would get loads of volunteers..I think.. just checking your blogs again..
Hope you are well.. G
ps:I need to get a blog..or something longer than the g ..i know..i know.. ;-)