Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Gay Bear!


I finally found the Gay Grizzly! I know there was another one because I don't think the original actually had a "face" but here you can see it. It is also in Nollendorf Platz, a very gay area in Berlin.
Today I went to the announced "Kissing Marathon"... but there was no such thing! I mean, at least we didn't see anything. We were at Nollendorf Platz and perhaps they met and kissed and left, but we didn't see anything! I guess it was a little too cold.

But we got together with a group of friends and I told two of them that I wanted a picture of kissing to put in my blog, so they did kiss... not before laughing few times! But that's what friends are for, so I can have a picture of two women kissing at a cafe.
The weather was nice enough, but it was too cold still, and raining at times. Then I went with one of my best friends to play pool. How come playing pool is such a "lesbian" activity? In every lesbian bar that has some space, there is a pool table and a blackboard for people to write their names to take turns.
We were lucky. The table was available, but it wasn't a lesbian bar anyway. I saw a woman that was so incredibly drunk, I felt bad for her! I guess she was having the time of her life!
Today was a good day. I hope there are better weeks, but I know things will be hard and difficult. Oh well.

6 comments:

m o s t r i t o said...

A mi me gusta mucho jugar billar, soy muy mala pero lo que mas me gusta es el sonido de las bolas cuando las golpeas. No comparto contigo esa idea de que el pool es para lesbianas, tengo amigas que lo juegan y no son lesbianas, talvez solo es extraña la mujer que lo juega
pasala bieeN !=))
say hello to german!

Sally said...

Hey Mostrito!
Well I think that pool is a game that most lesbians play... estas segura que tus amigas no son lesbianas??? A lo mejor eso es lo que las hará salir del closet! jejeje!!!

mlei said...

love the gay bear!

CL said...

Love the bear... you do know that the Berlin Bear is the heraldic animal of Berlin.... ?

Sally said...

Yes! Thank you cl, I knew it. I learn to appreciate the Berlin Bear, although I'm still having a hard time with that design of the oficial Coat of Arms... He just looks very scary! And that is where the name "Berlin" comes from, from the "Bear".

Marie said...

stumbled upon this...but the name Berlin has nothing to do with bears, it has slavic rots, brl/brlo roughly translating to 'swamp'.