Monday, March 26, 2007

Out of shape

Today, for the first time in a long while I drove the bike to meet my girlfriend. It was more or less 10 Kilometers, or a little over 6 miles. And it really kicked me! I am so out of shape! I remember when I got my bike brand new, I was biking all over, no matter if it was winter or summer. And I was doing around 10 miles every day, (16-17 Kilometers) so I was in very good shape with the bike. So, I have to get back into it, and take advantage of Berlin, since it is so flat and easy to go around on a bike. Besides, people in general and drivers specially are aware of bikers, so I feel pretty safe in Berlin.
If you are visiting Berlin, the best way to go around is to rent a bike. The Deutsche Bahn has special bikes that one can rent and leave anywhere. It is an interesting concept. The bikes are in top condition, the registration is done online or by phone, and when you see a bike that is available, you can call the number and rent it.
If you want more info on this, check out their site, and choose the "English Summary" if you don't speak German.

http://www.callabike-interaktiv.de/kundenbuchung/

No comments: